Thursday, January 27, 2011

Calangute and Baga beach


22.1.2011 Calangute and Baga beach
Decided it was time for some serious shopping and real tourism so we made a deal with General Manager Warner’s taxi friend and headed towards Calangute. We made a short stop via Baga beach in order to speed up my neighbors’ table order to Finland. I’m not quite sure how well I succeeded in discussions with the Kashmir traders so I’m hoping they’ll measure up to their word…



Casandre restaurant in Calangute makes extremely good Pina Coladas (nr 1 on my top ten list currently), and it was fun to do some people watching from the terrace. I also had a lousy haircut in Diana’s Parlour but it cost only 80 Rs. I cannot really mention anything else positive about the place:( 
It was noisy, dusty and filled with all sorts of schacks.  Ingo’s Saturday Night Bazaar in nearby Arpora is maybe the best place for shopping if you don’t mind the crowd. One day was enough for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment